stuff, but they either run on Unix (Know-bots) or OS/2 (Rover).
Anything out there for Windows?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
I need some advice on python [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:52:28 GMT, timcollinsdeja@my-deja.com
<timcollinsdeja@my-deja.com> wrote:

>I've seen a couple interesting projects using python for this type of
>stuff, but they either run on Unix (Know-bots) or OS/2 (Rover).
>Anything out there for Windows?

There's no really good reason that the Python agent code floating
around /can't/ run on Windows; most of the networking code will work
regardless unless they're doing really deeply fancy things. If they
are, you can very likely turn one of the Distributed Object harnesses
written in Python to your use as a means of migration. One of the
advantages of doing so is that agent docks needn't be limited to
/just/ Windows or Unix but can span both transparently if you're
shipping Python bytecode around the network.

--
Alexander Williams (thantos@gw.total-web.net)
"In the end ... Oblivion Always Wins."
I need some advice on python [ In reply to ]
This may just be my windows centric way of looking at things, but I was
led to believe by the agent stuff that they were exe type files for the
agent servers that wouldn't run on windows without recompiling
(Something I want to avoid).

What I need is a agent server type of thing that allows me to write
code to use it. In other words, I'd really rather concentrate on the
agent than than the agent environment....