WYcrutchfield@lbl.gov
Center for Computational Sciences and Engineering PHONE 510-486-5263
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory FAX 510-486-6900
INT16 on a cray t3e [ In reply to ]
(mailed and posted)

Bill Crutchfield <wyc@mothra.lbl.gov> wrote:
> The Python Imaging Library (PIL) seems to require 16 bit integers.
> Unfortunately, a cray t3e doesn't have anything shorter than a 32-bit
> integer.
>
> Has anyone solved this problem?

if I had a Cray, I would try changing the
tests in ImPlatform.h to look like:

#if SIZEOF_SHORT == 2
#define INT16 short
#elif SIZEOF_INT == 2
#define INT16 int
#else
#define INT16 short /* will have to do... */
#endif

worth trying, at least. some operations will
go wrong, but most of the stuff (and every-
thing that is really important) should work
just fine anyway...

let me know if what I just said was true...

</F>