ImportError: No module named sha

I think it is a valid complain because I can't find sha.py anywhere on my system.
Please help.
A Zope build question: where is sha.py [ In reply to ]
Huayin Wang <wang@rjka.com> wrote:
> when compiling zope2.0 I got the following error message:
> File "../zope/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/zpasswd.py", line 90, in ?
> import sys, string, sha, binascii, whrandom, getopt, getpass, os
> ImportError: No module named sha
>
> I think it is a valid complain because I can't find sha.py anywhere on my system.
> Please help.

it probably works better if you send zope questions
to one of the zope mailing lists:

http://www.zope.org/Community/

(some hints, though: are you using Python 1.5.2?
have you configured Python to include the sha
module -- it's on by default, but you maybe you're
using old configuration files...).

</F>
A Zope build question: where is sha.py [ In reply to ]
Huayin> when compiling zope2.0 I got the following error message:
Huayin> ....
Huayin> File "../zope/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/zpasswd.py", line 90, in ?
Huayin> import sys, string, sha, binascii, whrandom, getopt, getpass, os
Huayin> ImportError: No module named sha
Huayin> ....

"sha" is part of the Wayne's World package. ;-)

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-475-3758
A Zope build question: where is sha.py [ In reply to ]
Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> (some hints, though: are you using Python 1.5.2?
> have you configured Python to include the sha
> module -- it's on by default, but you maybe you're
> using old configuration files...).

I am amazed about your hint. IT IS the old "Modules/Setup" that throw me off.

thank you very much!
my thanks goes to Skip Montanaro too!