have searched around the python.org site, but their copy is missing. Any
help would be appreciated, as I don't look forward to having to write my
own.
Python Mode for Alpha ? [ In reply to ]

JL> Is there a more recent Python mode for Alpha than the 6.5 era
JL> one ? I have searched around the python.org site, but their
JL> copy is missing. Any help would be appreciated, as I don't
JL> look forward to having to write my own.

Are you asking about python-mode.el for Emacs? If so, the one at
http://www.python.org/emacs/python-mode/ will work for any modern
version of Emacs or XEmacs. If not, I'm not sure I can help ya.

-Barry
Python Mode for Alpha ? [ In reply to ]

Barry A. Warsaw writes:
> Are you asking about python-mode.el for Emacs? If so, the one at
> http://www.python.org/emacs/python-mode/ will work for any modern
> version of Emacs or XEmacs. If not, I'm not sure I can help ya.

No, he's asking about an editing mode for Alpha, a Mac editor. I
remember having one when I used a Macintosh, but that was almost 5
years ago. I have no idea where to get such a beast these days.

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake@acm.org>
Python Mode for Alpha ? [ In reply to ]

> No, he's asking about an editing mode for Alpha, a Mac editor. I
> remember having one when I used a Macintosh, but that was almost 5
> years ago. I have no idea where to get such a beast these days.

Did that stop working with some recent Alpha release?
Python Mode for Alpha ? [ In reply to ]

Josef Sachs writes:
> Did that stop working with some recent Alpha release?

I've no idea; I've not used a Macintosh as a development environment
for at least four years!

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake@acm.org>
Python Mode for Alpha ? [ In reply to ]
[ Fred L Drake

| I've no idea; I've not used a Macintosh as a development environment
| for at least four years!

well shame to you!

:)

--
Rolf Lindgren http://www.uio.no/~roffe/
roffe@tag.uio.no
Python Mode for Alpha ? [ In reply to ]
I wrote:
> | I've no idea; I've not used a Macintosh as a development environ=
ment=20
> | for at least four years!

And Rolf Marvin B=F8e Lindgren responded:
> well shame to you!

Rolf,
I'll be glad to spend time learning about current Mac systems and
developing neat stuff on them if you send along a machine and salary
with which I can support my family. ;-) I'm not (horribly)
prejudiced!

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.=09 <fdrake@acm.org>
Python Mode for Alpha ? [ In reply to ]
I know that I've never been able to get it working on Alpha 7.x

Tom

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:44:46 -0400, Josef Sachs wrote
(in message <o9vhbevwgh.fsf@panix3.panix.com>):