Gtk uses) for Win32. You can find a link at http://www.gtk.org

From what I've read it looks like Gtk was intentionally written on top of
GDK so that a port of GDK would make Gtk available. The person who wrote
the GDK port to Win32 did it to get the GIMP to run on Windows.
There are screenshots of the result available on the site.

So if someone develops mainly for X and just wants to make sure that it is
not impossible to run on Windows, you can use PyGTK. In fact a great
program using GTK can be a strong motivator to get the ports of GDK going.

Just some thoughts,

Travis
GUI's etc: PyGtk on Windows [ In reply to ]
From: Travis Oliphant <olipt@mayo.edu>

Previously I mentioned that Gtk works on any system with an X server,
which is true.

I also want to point out that Gtk is a cross-platform solution
because there is a port of the GDK (the underlying windowing calls that
Gtk uses) for Win32. You can find a link at http://www.gtk.org

From what I've read it looks like Gtk was intentionally written on top of

GUI's etc: PyGtk on Windows [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:14:42 -0500, Travis Oliphant <olipt@mayo.edu>
wrote:

>Previously I mentioned that Gtk works on any system with an X server,
>which is true.
>
>I also want to point out that Gtk is a cross-platform solution
>because there is a port of the GDK (the underlying windowing calls that
>Gtk uses) for Win32. You can find a link at http://www.gtk.org

From what I've read it looks like Gtk was intentionally written on top of
>GDK so that a port of GDK would make Gtk available. The person who wrote
>the GDK port to Win32 did it to get the GIMP to run on Windows.
>There are screenshots of the result available on the site.
>
>So if someone develops mainly for X and just wants to make sure that it is
>not impossible to run on Windows, you can use PyGTK. In fact a great
>program using GTK can be a strong motivator to get the ports of GDK going.

Last time I tried to compile PyGTK on windows (about a week ago with
the June 21 snapshot), there were some symbols missing from the
libraries.

Soon, perhaps.

>Just some thoughts,
>
>Travis

Robert Kern |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
This space | Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
intentionally | - Richard Harter
left blank. |
GUI's etc: PyGtk on Windows [ In reply to ]
From: kernr@mail.ncifcrf.gov (Robert Kern)

wrote:

>Previously I mentioned that Gtk works on any system with an X server,
>which is true.
>
>I also want to point out that Gtk is a cross-platform solution
>because there is a port of the GDK (the underlying windowing calls that
>Gtk uses) for Win32. You can find a link at http://www.gtk.org

From what I've read it looks like Gtk was intentionally written on top of