Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4 5  View All
Re: Help [ In reply to ]
On 7/11/2023 9:02 am, Jason Friedman via Python-list wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 5, 2023 at 1:23?PM office officce via Python-list <
> python-list@python.org> wrote:
>
>> which python version is better to be used and how to make sure it works on
>> my window 10 because i downloaded it and it never worked so I uninstall to
>> do that again please can you give me the steps on how it will work perfectly

1. Download from https://python.org (not Microsoft) and always choose
the 64-bit stable version

2. Choose the installation location as C:\Python311 (avoid the default)

4. Accept other recommended installation options especially to include
Python on the path (if offered)

Guaranteed to work. Also, you will never have to uninstall. Install the
next version in C:\Python312 etc

In due course, investigate virtual environments so you can work on
projects simultaneously using different versions of Python or different
versions of various Python libraries.

Good luck

Mike

--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can

1 2 3 4 5  View All