Mailing List Archive

ODBC connectivity to Access!
--------------86857E7013E1AB0A00D19341

Hi ,
Can any body tell me how to connect and retrieve data stored in a
MS Access database using ODBC in python?
I am new to this language, Hints, pointers welcome!

regards,
bala
--------------86857E7013E1AB0A00D19341

begin:vcard
n:K.V.;Balaji Yogesh
tel;fax:+91 80 5539701
tel;home:+91 452 603660
tel;work:+91 80 5539134 Extn 209
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Wipro Infotech Enterprise Solutions
version:2.1
email;internet:kvbalaji@wipsys.soft.net
adr;quoted-printable:;;271, Sri Ganesha Complex,=0D=0AHosur Main Road, Madivala;Bangalore;Karnataka;560 068;India
x-mozilla-cpt:;26112
fn:Balaji Yogesh K.V.
end:vcard

--------------86857E7013E1AB0A00D19341--
ODBC connectivity to Access! [ In reply to ]
In article <37723F25.31033307@wipsys.soft.net>,
kvbalaji@wipsys.soft.net wrote:

> Hi ,
> Can any body tell me how to connect and retrieve data stored in a
> MS Access database using ODBC in python?
> I am new to this language, Hints, pointers welcome!
> bala

Have you tried using the pythonwin com extensions to get at the Access
data through the jet engine? This works very well and is quick enough
for most uses. If your client software is running on Windows, I think
this is the best way.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
ODBC connectivity to Access! [ In reply to ]
kvbalaji@wipsys.soft.net wrote:

> Hi ,
> Can any body tell me how to connect and retrieve data stored in a
> MS Access database using ODBC in python?
> I am new to this language, Hints, pointers welcome!
>
> regards,
> bala

In my case I'm using the ODBC module that you can find in Python Win
See http://www.python.org/windows/win32/odbc.html
Unfortunately this module is not supported by his author :-(

Jacobo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/