Mailing List Archive

Thread for Tkinter (NT)
Hi,

Does the thread running Tk.mainloop() have to be the main (initial)
thread on W32? This is what I seem to be experiencing, and given
W32's thread based messaging for windows it wouldn't surprise me,
but could someone please confirm?

And if so, is there any way around this - the GUI can't start first,
but is started via call to a subroutine. If the main thread is
then locked in mainloop is there any way of starting a new thread
with the main thread's stack at that point and returning back to
the rest of the code (OK, I guess not :-)

Thanks,
Andrew

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/