Thank you
Pavel Velikhov
pvelikho@cs.ucsd.edu
need some fast balanced-tree datastructure [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Pavel Velikho wrote:

> I am looking for a fast implementation of incremental container
> that maintains an ordering on the keys... (i.e. I want an AVL,
> Red-Black, or anything similar). I have tried the b+tree in Python but
> its not fast enough. Is there anything like that available as a C
> extension module?

I've used Sam Rushing's AVL module with great success. It is available
at:

ftp://squirl.nightmare.com/pub/python/python-ext/avl/

Cheers,

--david ascher
need some fast balanced-tree datastructure [ In reply to ]
Pavel Velikho <pvelikho@cs.ucsd.edu> writes:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a fast implementation of incremental container that
>
> maintains an ordering on the keys... (i.e. I want an AVL, Red-Black, or
> anything similar). I have tried the b+tree in Python but its not fast
> enough.
> Is there anything like that available as a C extension module?

There is an avltree implementation in C by Ben Pfaff on the gnu
ftp site ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu . Maybe this can be swigged to python.

Klaus Schilling
need some fast balanced-tree datastructure [ In reply to ]
Pavel Velikho wrote:

> I am looking for a fast implementation of incremental container that
> maintains an ordering on the keys... (i.e. I want an AVL, Red-Black,

The Nightmare Software Collection has an AVL-module:

http://www.nightmare.com/software.html

//Klaus

--