but heaven help me, if I can't find a TIME.PY or TIME.PYC file
anywhere...

Benjamin
Questions? Time Module? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Benjamin Schollnick wrote:
> Sure, I can use the "IMPORT TIME" and access everything from there
> but heaven help me, if I can't find a TIME.PY or TIME.PYC file
> anywhere...

There is no time.py - time is not "stabdard" module - it is "builtin"
module. There is timemodule.c source file - not in Python, but in C!
In python, low-level functions are implemented in C (actually, any
programming language do it this way, not only python).

> Benjamin

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann Netskate/Inter.Net.Ru phd@emerald.netskate.ru
Questions? Time Module? [ In reply to ]
Benjamin Schollnick wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out where the "time" functions are
> stored, but GREP isn't finding anything in the \lib directory??!?!?

It's in the binary timemodule.

//Klaus

--
···[ Magnetic Ink ]·························································
···[ http://www.magnetic-ink.dk/ ]··········································
Questions? Time Module? [ In reply to ]
Benjamin Schollnick wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out where the "time" functions are
> stored, but GREP isn't finding anything in the \lib directory??!?!?
>
> I'm have some questions on the STRPTIME function, and
> thought I'd examine the code, but can't find it in the 1.51
> installation?
> Sure, I can use the "IMPORT TIME" and access everything from there
> but heaven help me, if I can't find a TIME.PY or TIME.PYC file
> anywhere...

http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#4.70

</F>