Mailing List Archive

DDE link memory leak?
Hi There,

I'm using dde under PythonWin to control a data aquisition system
known as Windmill (http://www.windmill.co.uk). This system contains a
program called wmdde (DDE link) which provides an interface to the
hardware via DDE (don't ask me why I use this).

If one is very gentle with the DDE interface, it works. For a
while. Then, it crashes. Interestingly, it is not possible to start
new processes on the Windows machine after that happens: it complains
that there is not enough memory available. I suspect that something is
leaking memory.

Being a Unix afficionado I was allready happy I got it to work in the
first place, and I haven't got the foggiest about what to do now. For
instance, I can kill PythonWin and all associated processes, and still
have no memory left!? I can't even start a shell window.

Windmill says: use Excell (or VB). It works fine for our
customers. Well...

I've also tried to use calldll, but the IMLKIT dll delivered by
Windmill does not seem to work (16-bit?).

Any pointers are appreciated,
--
John van der Koijk.