It's a little tough to get my hands around how Zope works and what it
can do without good examples.

Is Zope being used primarily for intranets?
Any Production ZOPE sites we can visit? [ In reply to ]
In article <37614A32.79FE554E@metricom.com>,
Michael Kersey <mkersey@metricom.com> wrote:

>Are there many production Zope sites visible on the www?

http://www.searchbutton.com/

We're still looking for Python programmers, BTW....
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6 <*> http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het

"That doesn't stop me from wanting to work all three of them over with
the clue stick for while, with no safewords allowed." --abostick
Any Production ZOPE sites we can visit? [ In reply to ]
Michael Kersey wrote in message <37614A32.79FE554E@metricom.com>...
> Are there many production Zope sites visible on the www?

> It's a little tough to get my hands around how Zope works and what it
> can do without good examples.
The Zope.org site is its own best example; you can view source for any page.

> Is Zope being used primarily for intranets?
No idea. I run a whole collection of small sites on Zope, but the most
extensive of them is members-only, so you might not really be able to see
much. Nevertheless:

http://www.sylvanfoa.com
http://www.littlemotivators.com

Someone on Zope-list recently opened a
super-duper-all-singing-all-dancing-framed-JScripted site running on Zope,
at:
http://www.master.cit.be/c8/default.html
Any Production ZOPE sites we can visit? [ In reply to ]
http://www.air.gen.ny.us

Nothing exciting there really, except that the airport lookups are done
through an SQL query..

I'm working on an events Calendar, that'll really look nice when it's done

--
Brad Clements,
bkc@murkworks.com

Any Production ZOPE sites we can visit? [ In reply to ]
It may not be exciting to you, but to me this site is an eye-opener!
Bravo to it's developers.

Especially nice depiction/presentation of regions versus counties and
the handy use of mapping/graphics capabilities throughout. Your ties
into http://tiger.census.gov/ are extremely sharp and well-done, IMO.

When you say "airport lookups", what do you mean? Is part of the search
done with Zope per se, and another part passed to an external database?
For instance AFAI can tell, the URL
http://www.air.gen.ny.us/Airports/AirportInfo?identifier=NY54
may be (I'm guessing) handled by Zope's own object-oriented database and
DTML, while the URL
http://www.airnav.com/cgi-bin/airport-info?N66
may be handled by significantly different code (not DTML) executing SQL
queries?

BTW, having worked with it for years, I have a hard time finding
anything exciting about SQL!-))
TIA,
Michael Kersey

Brad Clements wrote:
> http://www.air.gen.ny.us
> Nothing exciting there really, except that the airport lookups are done
> through an SQL query..
> I'm working on an events Calendar, that'll really look nice when it's done
<snipped>
Any Production ZOPE sites we can visit? [ In reply to ]
Evan Simpson wrote:

> Someone on Zope-list recently opened a
> super-duper-all-singing-all-dancing-framed-JScripted site running on Zope,
> at:
> http://www.master.cit.be/c8/default.html

As far as I know this isn't running on Zope, unfortunately. It *is*
super-duper-all-singing-all-dancing-framed-JScripted, however, and looks
very nice. *and* it is _about_ Zope, and well worth a read.

Regards,

Martijn