release. When I try to run the installer (py152.exe), I immediately get a
dialog box that says "Corrupt installation detected".

I'm sure the downloaded installer is not corrupt. I opened it in WinZip and
used the test function. All files in the archive tested fine. Has anyone
seen this before?

Thanks,

Rick Rankin
Motorola SATCOM
WinNT: Corrupt installation detected [ In reply to ]
In article <7joq9h$qd2$1@schbbs.mot.com>,
"Rick Rankin" <Rick_Rankin-P15254@email.mot.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install 1.5.2 on my Windows NT system. I previously had
1.5.2
> beta 2 installed, which I uninstalled before trying to install the
final
> release. When I try to run the installer (py152.exe), I immediately
get a
> dialog box that says "Corrupt installation detected".
>
> I'm sure the downloaded installer is not corrupt. I opened it in
WinZip and
> used the test function. All files in the archive tested fine. Has
anyone
> seen this before?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick Rankin
> Motorola SATCOM

Nope. I know that you tested the archive but just as a matter of
interest: how large (in bytes) is the version you downloaded?
Another question: if you downloaded the file per FTP, I trust that your
FTP client downloaded it in binary mode? Not goading - just haven't
noticed this problem in similar circumstances over various NT 4.0 -
py152.exe installations.

Cheers
--
Florent Heyworth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
WinNT: Corrupt installation detected [ In reply to ]
Check for a virus, it could be the CIH virus.