complete with Python advocacy and what-
not. just drop me a line.

</F>
python goes to alaska [ In reply to ]
Fredrik Lundh <fredrik@pythonware.com> wrote in message
news:03b901be9c02$2f4ee5c0$f29b12c2@pythonware.com...
> and by the way, if anyone has a couple of
> thousand bucks to spare, why not sign up
> for a mini suite on the first geek cruise,
> and learn why python is better than perl:
>
> http://www.geekcruises.com/
> </F>

Hey now! Lighten up a little. There's already at least three of us
Pythongeeks
up here: one in Sitka, me in Wasilla, and a professor at the University of
Alaska in Fairbanks, from which city you can catch a scheduled flight to
Deadhorse, Old Woman, Barrow, Nome, the caribou calving grounds, and other
points of interest to the North.

I don't know if an Alaska Inside Passage cruise will prove to be a magnet
for geeks. Alaskans call them "menopause cruises," on account of the
advanced age and predominantly female gender of the passenger
contingent.

--Ivan Frohne
python goes to alaska [ In reply to ]
Being a Python spy on a Perl cruise sounds like a good way to get thrown
over board ! Not to mention that resisting assimilation into their hive may
result in brain damage.
python goes to alaska [ In reply to ]
Darrell <news@dorb.com> wrote:
> Being a Python spy on a Perl cruise sounds like a good way to get thrown
> over board ! Not to mention that resisting assimilation into their hive may
> result in brain damage.

if you look at the programme, they mention the names
of all speakers, except the "what's better, what's worse"
session speaker ;-)

(btw, I really love the part where they imply that Python's
design is "a reaction to the excesses of Perl"...)

but the cruise folks really deserve to be taken seriously.
a Python cruise in the caribbean would be pretty cool.
maybe for SPAM-9?

</F>

PS. since some people asked, the St. Anna archipelago
in Sweden is actually on the same latitude as the Alaska
Inside Passage. waaay up in the north.
python goes to alaska [ In reply to ]

FL> and by the way, if anyone has a couple of
FL> thousand bucks to spare, why not sign up
FL> for a mini suite on the first geek cruise,
FL> and learn why python is better than perl:

So who's the speaker for that 1/2 day session?