Mailing List Archive

FOCS (was Re: while (a=b()) ...)
Christian Tismer <tismer@appliedbiometrics.com> wrote:

> I propose to set up an archive of debated to death stuff,
> and a Mailman filter which automatically redirects new
> posters to that archive, saying "after heaving read that all,
> do you still want to argue? ok you may post" :-)

I play this game called Netrek (www.netrek.org) where almost
every week new `improvements' of the game are proposed. Actually,
the game is so carefuly balanced that most `improvements' don't
actually improve the game. Anyway, in rec.games.netrek, the FAQ has
a companion, called FOCS (Frequently Offered Clever Suggestions),
in which the pros and cons of such suggestions are summarized.

Maybe an idea for c.l.p?

Cheers, Frank

--
He lay, panting heavily in the wet air, and tried feeling bits of himself to
see where he might be hurt. Wherever he touched himself, he encountered a