Peter
Dr. Peter Stoehr --- Teisenbergweg 6 --- 85435 Erding --- 08122/47232
I'm the terror that flaps through the night
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
At 11:25 PM +0200 5/1/99, Dr. Peter Stoehr wrote:
>Hi out there,
>
>I'm a great fan of python and try to use it as often as possible.
>
>Based on that, I'm looking for some "fan-articles" e.g.
> Python T-shirts
> Python pens
> Python coffee mugs

As far as I know all conference t-shirts are sold out.

>Is there something like this available ?
>If not, is there a bigger Python logo available than the one presented
>at
> http://www.python.org/psa/Logo.html
>so that I can use it to create my own T-shirt ?

There's an EPS version at my own logo page:

http://starship.python.net/~just/pythonpowered/

Just
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 01 May 1999 23:25:10 +0200, "Dr. Peter Stoehr" wrote:

>Based on that, I'm looking for some "fan-articles" e.g.
> Python T-shirts
> Python pens
> Python coffee mugs
>
>Is there something like this available ?

This isn't going to be very helpful, but I thought I'd share this -- a
couple of nights ago, when reading One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, I
noticed that some of the ink on the "You need Python" t-shirt is somewhat
glow-in-the-dark.

--david ascher
[I got all my Python t-shirts at Python conferences]
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 01 May 1999 23:25:10 +0200, "Dr. Peter Stoehr"
<peter.stoehr@weihenstephan.org> wrote:

[...]
>Based on that, I'm looking for some "fan-articles" e.g.
> Python T-shirts
> Python pens
> Python coffee mugs
>
>Is there something like this available ?

I'm planning to release a selection GvR lookalike LEGO figures soon.
My starting point is this cute little "Guido presenting Python 2.0 at IPC 10
in december 2001" scene on

http://www.baseplate.com/ideas/human-scale/snowglobe/index.html

Stefan
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Dr. Peter Stoehr:
|Based on that, I'm looking for some "fan-articles" e.g.
| Python T-shirts

Just van Rossum:
|There's an EPS version at my own logo page:
|
| http://starship.python.net/~just/pythonpowered/

We need a logo with the Python mascot on it. Ala:

http://www3.freebsd.org/publish.html
http://www.linux.org/info/logos.html

Randall
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
At 12:27 PM -0400 5/3/99, Randall Hopper wrote:
>Dr. Peter Stoehr:
> |Based on that, I'm looking for some "fan-articles" e.g.
> | Python T-shirts
>
>Just van Rossum:
> |There's an EPS version at my own logo page:
> |
> | http://starship.python.net/~just/pythonpowered/
>

>We need a logo with the Python mascot on it. Ala:
>
>http://www3.freebsd.org/publish.html
>http://www.linux.org/info/logos.html

Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.

(Or, would you want a picture of Tim Peters on your shirt? ;-)

Just
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Just van Rossum wrote:

> At 12:27 PM -0400 5/3/99, Randall Hopper wrote:
> >Dr. Peter Stoehr:
> > |Based on that, I'm looking for some "fan-articles" e.g.
> > | Python T-shirts
> >
> >Just van Rossum:
> > |There's an EPS version at my own logo page:
> > |
> > | http://starship.python.net/~just/pythonpowered/
> >

> >We need a logo with the Python mascot on it. Ala:
> >
> >http://www3.freebsd.org/publish.html
> >http://www.linux.org/info/logos.html
>
> Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.

We need a mascot! I thought it was a python? Though it seems to have
gotten some competition from a rat. Of course, our python python mascot
isn't very easily distinguishable from other pictures of pythons and
snakes; while Tux, the Linux penguin is easily noticed amongst its kin.

> (Or, would you want a picture of Tim Peters on your shirt? ;-)

Is he thin and legless? Does he strangle his prey? I thought he was a
robot, anyway. :)

A-robotic-python-now-that's-something-ly yours,

Martijn
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
>Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.

A giant foot? A crunchy frog? A newt that got better?

A [tab] character :>
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 3 May 1999, Just van Rossum wrote:

> Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.
>
> (Or, would you want a picture of Tim Peters on your shirt? ;-)

We could *really* confuse people and use LP's rat as a mascot.

--------------------------------
Robert Meegan
MCIWorldCom - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
319.375.2416
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Hi All--

Martijn Faassen wrote:

[snip]

> > Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.
>
> We need a mascot! I thought it was a python? Though it seems to have
> gotten some competition from a rat. Of course, our python python mascot
> isn't very easily distinguishable from other pictures of pythons and
> snakes; while Tux, the Linux penguin is easily noticed amongst its kin.
>
> > (Or, would you want a picture of Tim Peters on your shirt? ;-)
>
> Is he thin and legless? Does he strangle his prey? I thought he was a
> robot, anyway. :)
>
> A-robotic-python-now-that's-something-ly yours,
>
> Martijn

Naturally, this is a self-serving advertisement. ... But, what about the
double-headed sky serpent I use on my Mayan web pages? It's not a
python, of course, but it *is* a symbol for the Milky Way. Snake and
sky are the same word in many Mayan languages.

See
http://www.pauahtun.org/4nobletruthsofpython.html
and it's right at the top of the page. If you haven't seen this page
before, you might, in Guido's words, ``get a chuckle.''

<o'reilly-proved-that-pythons-live-in-south-america>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan@callware.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps: Cu Chi, Class of '70
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
asm@mcm.com (Ashton MacAndrews) writes:

> >Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.
>
> A giant foot? A crunchy frog? A newt that got better?
>
> A [tab] character :>

That's it! Our mascot is *whitespace*! And, as a bonus, our T-shirt
is already on sale at major retailers everywhere!

Seriously, I think a general Python T-shirt would be a Good Thing. If
all else fails we can each render Just's "Python Powered" logo onto
iron-on transfer stock. . .

The data structures of the code require some degree higher than a
PhD to understand, since we've got PhDs and we can't figure them out.
- J. A. Templon
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen wrote:
> We need a mascot! I thought it was a python?

http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#1.2

"Python is not a joke. And don't you associate it
with dangerous reptiles either! (If you need an
icon, use an image of the 16-ton weight from the
TV series or of a can of SPAM)."

</F>
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen wrote:
>Is he thin and legless? Does he strangle his prey? I thought he was a
>robot, anyway. :)
>
>A-robotic-python-now-that's-something-ly yours,
>
>Martijn

Robot or not, there is no difference. It's all imagination ...

-- Peter

BTW: a good looking robot (Tim?) would be a nice moscot :)
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 3 May 1999 19:27:47 GMT, Ashton MacAndrews <asm@mcm.com> wrote:

>>Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.
>
>A giant foot? A crunchy frog? A newt that got better?
>
>A [tab] character :>

I like that one: whitespace. It seems to be what many non-pythoners associate
with python anyway (oh, it's that "whitespace language"), and that way we
co-opt a large number of shirts already in circulation.

Also, I remind the snake people that python has nothing to do with snakes.
According to the faq, cans of spam and 100 ton weights are preferred. Stuffed
parrot?

How about "Python: Something Completely Different" (except it isn't, hush hush)

During great Chicken Rush of 1949, this river ran with chickens! "I've struck
chickens!!" Natural chicken deposits are caused by... oops... sorry...

>>> range(1, 4)
[.1, not 3, 2 only if preceded by 1, not 5 in any case, ...]
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Just van Rossum wrote:

> At 12:27 PM -0400 5/3/99, Randall Hopper wrote:
> >We need a logo with the Python mascot on it.
>
> ... would you want a picture of Tim Peters on your shirt? ;-)

UC Santa Cruz uses the banana slug as a mascot. Despite being highly
appreciative of bad taste, I'd really prefer we not get into a game
of one-downmanship with them.

- Gordon
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
On 3 May 99, Ce'Nedra took her magical amulet and heard Fredrik Lundh say:

> "Python is not a joke. And don't you associate it
> with dangerous reptiles either! (If you need an
> icon, use an image of the 16-ton weight from the
> TV series or of a can of SPAM)."

Strange... I always did associate Python with, well, a python, because it's
powerful and flexible... much more appropriate than the names of some other
languages.

+ Hans Nowak (Zephyr Falcon)
+ Homepage (under construction): http://www.cuci.nl/~hnowak/
+ You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.
+ May a john throw a bible at your banana peel!
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
[various folk debate a mascot to grace a Python T-shirt]

>> We need a logo with the Python mascot on it. Ala:
>>
>> http://www3.freebsd.org/publish.html
>> http://www.linux.org/info/logos.html

[Just]
> Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.
>
> (Or, would you want a picture of Tim Peters on your shirt? ;-)

I'm very sorry, but exclusive shirt rights to my image were recently sold to
Pamela Lee Anderson.

without-the-implants-she-needs-*some*-way-to-draw-attention-to-
her-chest-ly y'rs - tim
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

> Naturally, this is a self-serving advertisement. ... But, what about the
> double-headed sky serpent I use on my Mayan web pages? It's not a
> python, of course, but it *is* a symbol for the Milky Way. Snake and
> sky are the same word in many Mayan languages.

It's a cool snake. :)

> See
> http://www.pauahtun.org/4nobletruthsofpython.html
> and it's right at the top of the page. If you haven't seen this page
> before, you might, in Guido's words, ``get a chuckle.''

I had a chuckle. My boss here already suggested I should make a Python
temple web page where people could come to atone for their sins (of
using Perl or worse). Now it turns out there is already one. My boss
suggested a religion more christian in flavor though. :)

perl-is-forgiven-if-you-promise-to-do-better-but-VB-is-a-mortal-sin-ly
yours,

Martijn
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > We need a mascot! I thought it was a python?
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#1.2
>
> "Python is not a joke. And don't you associate it
> with dangerous reptiles either! (If you need an
> icon, use an image of the 16-ton weight from the
> TV series or of a can of SPAM)."

I know this, but of course nobody cares and everybody uses the dangerous
reptiles anyway. :)

"So, what language are you using?"

"Python"

"So I know what your mascot is, wink wink nudge nudge?"

"Yeah, our mascot is a 16-ton weight."

Anyway-penguins-are-dangerous-too-ask-Linus-Torvalds-ly yours,

Martijn
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen <faassen@pop.vet.uu.nl> writes:

> Just van Rossum wrote:
[...]
> We need a mascot! I thought it was a python?

No! Remember -- Python is named after Monty Python, not after the
snake. If we should have a mascot, it should be a MP-mascot. (Like the
rabbit with big pointy teeth or something <wink>)

--

Magnus
Lie
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Just van Rossum <just@letterror.com> writes:

> (Or, would you want a picture of Tim Peters on your shirt? ;-)

I didn't know that bots could be photographed! ;-)
Konrad Hinsen | E-Mail: hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Rue Charles Sadron | Fax: +33-2.38.63.15.17
45071 Orleans Cedex 2 | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
France | Nederlands/Francais
Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Magnus wrote:
> No! Remember -- Python is named after Monty Python, not after the...

Ashton MacAndrews <asm@mcm.com> wrote:

> >Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.

> A giant foot? A crunchy frog? A newt that got better?

How about a telly with an exploding penguin on it? =)

Jonne

Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Jonne Itkonen <ji@jane.math.jyu.fi> writes:

> Magnus wrote:
> > No! Remember -- Python is named after Monty Python, not after the...
>
> Ashton MacAndrews <asm@mcm.com> wrote:
>
> > >Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.
>
> > A giant foot? A crunchy frog? A newt that got better?
>
> How about a telly with an exploding penguin on it? =)

Yeah -- and with a big foot in the TV :)

("Make your linux explode with Python"... Er...)

Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Please... use the ferocious beast from the film "the Quest of Holly Grail"
... well, I don't know the original title, but it's the movie where the
knight that says "Ni" appears... :-) That white little bunny that looked so
nice ... :-)

/B

Bruno Mattarollo <bruno@gaiasur.com.ar>
... proud to be a PSA member <http://www.python.org/psa>

Python T-shirt [ In reply to ]
Bruno Mattarollo <brunomadv@ciudad.com.ar> wrote:
: That white little bunny that looked so cute

And the impressive sorcerer called .... Tim.

(spooky, isn't it?)

-- James Preston, waiting for Godot.

1 2  View All