Mailing List Archive

MTG: Introductions to PyQt and DataClasses
The Auckland Branch of NZPUG meets this Wednesday, 20 March at 1830 NZDT
(0530 UTC, midnight-ish Tue/Wed in American time-zones), for a virtual
meeting.

Part 1: Learn the basics of PyQt with code examples.
Hannan Khan is currently consulting as a Data Scientist for the (US)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. He holds a Bachelor's
degree in Neuroscience as well as a Masters in Computer Science. As a
keen member of the PySprings Users' Group (Colorado), his contribution
is part of a collaboration between our two PUGs.

Part 2: Why use Dataclasses?
- will be the question asked, and answered, by yours truly. After
surveying a number of groups, it seems most of us know that Dataclasses
are available, but we don't use them - mostly because we haven't
ascertained their place in our tool-box. By the end of this session you
will, and will have good reason to use (or not) Dataclasses!

Everyone is welcome from every location and any time-zone. The NZPUG
Code of Conduct applies. JetBrains have kindly donated a door-prize. Our
BigBlueButton web-conferencing instance is best accessed using Chromium,
Brave, Vivaldi, Safari, etc, (rather than Firefox - for now). A head-set
will facilitate asking questions but text-chat will be available.

Please RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/nzpug-auckland/events/299764049/
See you there!
=dn, Branch Leader
Re: MTG: Introductions to PyQt and DataClasses [ In reply to ]
Will it be recorded?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: MTG: Introductions to PyQt and DataClasses [ In reply to ]
Will it be recorded?

Re: MTG: Introductions to PyQt and DataClasses [ In reply to ]
On 17/03/24 23:40, Jim Schwartz wrote:
> Will it be recorded?

Better than that (assumption) "coming soon" - please join-up or keep an
eye on PySprings' Meetup ANNs: https://www.meetup.com/pysprings/

>> On Mar 17, 2024, at 1:47?AM, dn via Python-list <python-list@python.org> wrote:
>>
>> ?The Auckland Branch of NZPUG meets this Wednesday, 20 March at 1830 NZDT (0530 UTC, midnight-ish Tue/Wed in American time-zones), for a virtual meeting.
>>
>> Part 1: Learn the basics of PyQt with code examples.
>> Hannan Khan is currently consulting as a Data Scientist for the (US) National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Neuroscience as well as a Masters in Computer Science. As a keen member of the PySprings Users' Group (Colorado), his contribution is part of a collaboration between our two PUGs.
>>
>> Part 2: Why use Dataclasses?
>> - will be the question asked, and answered, by yours truly. After surveying a number of groups, it seems most of us know that Dataclasses are available, but we don't use them - mostly because we haven't ascertained their place in our tool-box. By the end of this session you will, and will have good reason to use (or not) Dataclasses!
>>
>> Everyone is welcome from every location and any time-zone. The NZPUG Code of Conduct applies. JetBrains have kindly donated a door-prize. Our BigBlueButton web-conferencing instance is best accessed using Chromium, Brave, Vivaldi, Safari, etc, (rather than Firefox - for now). A head-set will facilitate asking questions but text-chat will be available.
>>
>> Please RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/nzpug-auckland/events/299764049/
>> See you there!
>> =dn, Branch Leader
>> --

=dn

Re: MTG: Introductions to PyQt and DataClasses [ In reply to ]
Actually, I have a sleep disorder that requires me to keep a constant sleep schedule. Thats why I asked.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: MTG: Introductions to PyQt and DataClasses [ In reply to ]
On 18/03/24 10:02, Jim Schwartz wrote:
> Actually, I have a sleep disorder that requires me to keep a constant sleep schedule. Thats why I asked.

At a weekend meeting, discussion swirled around topics such as the best
way to learn/work, how much work we should attempt in one sitting,
could/should I 'do more', and similar.

One of the valuable observations is that most of us would benefit by
improving our sleep-schedule and ensuring we do sleep for sufficient
time (probably longer than current habit).

=dn