Mailing List Archive

Assistance Needed: Corrupted Python Installation Uninstallation Issue
Dear Python.org Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an
issue I'm encountering while attempting to uninstall a corrupted Python
installation on my system.

Details of my system:

- Operating System: Windows 10
- Python Version: 3.11.3(64-bit)
- Installation Method: installer from Python.org

Description of the issue: [.Provide a brief description of the problem
you're facing, any error messages received, or specific steps you've taken
so far.]

I have already tried the following:

- Deleting python. removing corrupted files from command prompt with
administrative privileges.

However, despite my efforts, I have been unable to successfully uninstall
the corrupted Python installation.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance you could provide to
help me resolve this matter and successfully uninstall Python from my
system. If there are specific steps or commands I should follow, or if
there are additional tools or resources I should utilize, please let me
know.

Thank you very much for your time and support. I look forward to hearing
from you soon.

Best regards, Syed Hamood Email: syedhamoodahmed234@gmail.com
Re: Assistance Needed: Corrupted Python Installation Uninstallation Issue [ In reply to ]
On 1/29/24 05:19, Syed Hamood via Python-list wrote:
> Dear Python.org Support Team,
>
> I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an
> issue I'm encountering while attempting to uninstall a corrupted Python
> installation on my system.
>
> Details of my system:
>
> - Operating System: Windows 10
> - Python Version: 3.11.3(64-bit)
> - Installation Method: installer from Python.org
>
> Description of the issue: [.Provide a brief description of the problem
> you're facing, any error messages received, or specific steps you've taken
> so far.]
>
> I have already tried the following:
>
> - Deleting python. removing corrupted files from command prompt with
> administrative privileges.
>
> However, despite my efforts, I have been unable to successfully uninstall
> the corrupted Python installation.

The more stuff you remove by hand the harder it is for the Windows
installer to act to do an uninstall.

This tool usually helps if things are badly messed up:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Haven't used it for a while, but after it tries basic overall repairs to
the installation subsystem (which is probably okay), there are prompts
you can follow to point to a specific program that doesn't want to
uninstall.