and there was no Pip. I would like to know why.

Thank you,
Jacob
Re: Python 3.11.5 Pip Issue [ In reply to ]
> I downloaded Python 3.11.5, and there was nothing in the “Scripts” file,
> and there was no Pip. I would like to know why.

Can't help with the empty/missing Scripts folder. Does running

python -m ensurepip

get you a working pip? Which you should then run as

python -m pip ...

Skip

Re: Python 3.11.5 Pip Issue [ In reply to ]
On 9/13/2023 11:39 PM, Jacob Keeler via Python-list wrote:
> I downloaded Python 3.11.5, and there was nothing in the “Scripts” file,
> and there was no Pip. I would like to know why.

What do you mean by "downloaded"? And are you talking about Windows?
Did you download the installer from python.org and run it, or did you
download a zip file and unpack it?

The answers will make a difference.

Re: Python 3.11.5 Pip Issue [ In reply to ]
On 9/13/2023 11:39 PM, Jacob Keeler via Python-list wrote:
> I downloaded Python 3.11.5, and there was nothing in the “Scripts” file,
> and there was no Pip. I would like to know why.

I just downloaded the 3.11.5 64-bit installer for Windows from
python.org and ran it. This was an upgrade since I already had 3.11.4
installed. I had installed for me as a user rather than for "everyone"
so it installed into %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\.

The Scripts folder is at

C:\Users\tom\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Scripts

I checked and the installer did update the pip.exe and pip3.exe files.
in this Scripts directory.

So ... presumably you downloaded and ran the Windows 64-bit installer,
is that right? Did you install it for "everyone" or just for you? Did
you notice any error messages during installation? Did you do a
standard install or did you customize it in some way? Exactly where is
the "Scripts" directory in which you found "nothing"? Was the "py"
launcher installed - that is, can you run Python 3.11.5 by typing "py"?
If so, can you run pip by typing

py -m pip

(this is the most reliable way to run pip, by the way, because it always
runs the version of pip that is installed for the latest install of Python).