project and thus we cannot accurately determine which files belong to
it which would lead to only a partial uninstall.

Since it's not installed in the venv why does it want to uninstall it?
Re: pip-sync [ In reply to ]
This email contains a secure message that can be read by opening the attachment.

Lars Liedtke
Senior Software Developer

[Tel.]
[Fax] +49 721 98993-
[E-Mail] lal@solute.de<mailto:lal@solute.de>

solute gmbh
Zeppelinstraße 15
76185 Karlsruhe
Germany

[Logo Solute]

Marken der solute gmbh | brands of solute gmbh
[Marken]

Triff uns auf der DMEXCO am 20. und 21. September in Köln und sichere dir die Chance auf eine brandneue Apple-Watch bei unserer Live-Auslosung!
Vereinbare hier einen Termin mit uns: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/solutedmexco@o365.solute.de/bookings/

[dmexco Banner]<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/solutedmexco@o365.solute.de/bookings/>

Geschäftsführer | Managing Director: Dr. Thilo Gans, Bernd Vermaaten
Webseite | www.solute.de <http://www.solute.de/>
Sitz | Registered Office: Karlsruhe
Registergericht | Register Court: Amtsgericht Mannheim
Registernummer | Register No.: HRB 110579
USt-ID | VAT ID: DE234663798

Informationen zum Datenschutz | Information about privacy policy
https://www.solute.de/ger/datenschutz/grundsaetze-der-datenverarbeitung.php
Re: pip-sync [ In reply to ]
Did maybe pip-sync create the venv with --system-site-packages (at least that's the commandline option for pip)

I only saw behaviour like this so far, when my venv was with --system-site-packages and a package was installed by the system.

Sorry for the first mess.
Cheers

Lars

[...]

I am trying to set up and maintain a venv with pip-sync. On my bare
metal I have the apparmor python package installed, but it is not
installed in my venv and it's not in my requirements file. When I run
pip-sync I get:

Found existing installation: apparmor 2.13.3
ERROR: Cannot uninstall 'apparmor'. It is a distutils installed

Re: pip-sync [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 11:08?AM Larry Martell <larry.martell@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to set up and maintain a venv with pip-sync. On my bare
> metal I have the apparmor python package installed, but it is not
> installed in my venv and it's not in my requirements file. When I run
> pip-sync I get:
>
> Found existing installation: apparmor 2.13.3
> ERROR: Cannot uninstall 'apparmor'. It is a distutils installed
> project and thus we cannot accurately determine which files belong to
> it which would lead to only a partial uninstall.
>
> Since it's not installed in the venv why does it want to uninstall it?

Found out what was going on - I had pip-sync installed on the bare
metal and when I ran it from within the venv it was picking that one
up, which then looked at packages outside the venv. After I
uninstalled it from the bare metal it was then working as expected.