Kevin
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you: and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned: the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2

Re: Editing PEP-8, in particular "expected 2 blanks, found 1 [ In reply to ]
On 2023-05-02 at 20:39:35 +0000,
"Kevin M. Wilson via Python-list" <python-list@python.org> wrote:

> [...] Where can I edit these out of my IDE?

I doubt anyone will know unless you at least tell us which IDE you're
using.
Re: Editing PEP-8, in particular "expected 2 blanks, found 1 [ In reply to ]
On 5/2/2023 4:39 PM, Kevin M. Wilson via Python-list wrote:
> Folks, help please! What the @#$! are these doing popping up. Code styles are personal, and not subject to debate.Where can I edit these out of my IDE?
> Kevin
> "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you: and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned: the flames will not set you ablaze."
> Isaiah 43:2

It might help if you gave a hint about what IDE is involved...

Re: Editing PEP-8, in particular "expected 2 blanks, found 1 [ In reply to ]
Kevin M. Wilson wrote:

> Folks, help please! What the @#$! are these doing popping up. Code styles are personal, and not subject to debate. [snip]

"Expected 2 blanks"? Or "Expected 2 blank _lines_"?

Two blank lines between function/method definitions has been recommended
for more than 20 years. When I first started using Python I found a lot
of the PEP-8 style recommendations whimsical and annoying. But I've come
to appreciate most of them and no longer feel a strong urge to go my own
way. I even use black now.

There are plenty of seriously bad habits in our industry. I save
my individualism for fighting things that are demonstraby harmful.

Roy