as though pip won't install. I am using Windows 10 and Python 3.11.3. Are
there any other suggestions for troubleshooting?
Thank you.
Re: Fwd: pip is not installed [ In reply to ]
On 2023-04-16 21:54, Khoinguyen Nguyen wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
> I have tried to reinstall, repair, and run in command prompt, but it seems
> as though pip won't install. I am using Windows 10 and Python 3.11.3. Are
> there any other suggestions for troubleshooting?
> Thank you.

Have you tried using pip via the Python Launcher?

py -m pip

That's installed by default by the installer from python.org.

Re: Fwd: pip is not installed [ In reply to ]
On 16Apr2023 16:54, Khoinguyen Nguyen <khoinguyenn343@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have tried to reinstall, repair, and run in command prompt, but it
>seems
>as though pip won't install. I am using Windows 10 and Python 3.11.3. Are
>there any other suggestions for troubleshooting?

Have you tried invoking pip _via_ Python? This is actually the
recommended approach because it uses the pip for that specific Python.
Example:

py -m pip install foo

This invokes the "pip" module for thePython invoked by "py" (which I
believe is how Python is normally invoked from a Windows command line),
to install some package "foo".

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs@cskk.id.au>
Re: Fwd: pip is not installed [ In reply to ]
On 4/16/2023 10:09 PM, MRAB wrote:
> On 2023-04-16 21:54, Khoinguyen Nguyen wrote:
>> To whom it may concern,
>> I have tried to reinstall, repair, and run in command prompt, but it
>> seems
>> as though pip won't install. I am using Windows 10 and Python 3.11.3. Are
>> there any other suggestions for troubleshooting?
>> Thank you.
>
> Have you tried using pip via the Python Launcher?
>
> py -m pip
>
> That's installed by default by the installer from python.org.

To elaborate, Python might have been installed using an installer from
python.org, from the Windows store, or in some other way. "py" may only
be available for a python.org installer.

In general, you would do best to always launch pip with the command

pythonx -m pip

where "pythonx" means the command that launches the version of python
you want to work with. This might be "py", "python3.11", "py -3.11", or
something else, so use what you will be using on your system.