Hi Team,

Could you please advise on the scenario in windows 10 machine : Where we need to uninstall/remove python from user profile A (installed by user A in its own profile folder) - via an admin user or system account.

Currently when we try to uninstall it via admin/system account - it displays that the python product is not installed for this user (admin/system).

Appreciate your assistance.

Regards,
Yogesh.
Technology Group | GIC Private Limited | 168 Robinson Road, #37-01, Capital Tower, Singapore 068912

This email from GIC may contain confidential information. Unauthorised communication and disclosure of any information in this email is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email immediately.
Re: [Request for Assistance] To uninstall python installed in other user profile (Win 10) [ In reply to ]
On 3/28/2023 12:56 AM, Yogesh Tirthkar wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Could you please advise on the scenario in windows 10 machine : Where we need to uninstall/remove python from user profile A (installed by user A in its own profile folder) - via an admin user or system account.
>
> Currently when we try to uninstall it via admin/system account - it displays that the python product is not installed for this user (admin/system).
>
> Appreciate your assistance.

It depends on where the Python installation is located, but I would just
delete the entire folder tree at %APPDATA%\Python\Python3xxx.

If Python was installed for all users, its main set of files will
probably be in "c:\Program Files" and Window's "Add or Remove" page
should remove it.

If it was installed just for User A, then the "Add or Remove" page will
find it if run from User A's account. If for some reason User A will
not or cannot cooperate, the admin could change User A's password and
then run "Add or Remove". Of course the admin would not be able to
change the pw back, but if User A is not cooperating maybe that wouldn't
matter.

RE: [Request for Assistance] To uninstall python installed in other user profile (Win 10) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Is there any way I can uninstall python installed (as user) in someone else' account - without login as that user, but login as local admin ?

Regards,
Yogesh.
Technology Group | GIC Private Limited | 168 Robinson Road, #37-01, Capital Tower, Singapore 068912

[[External Mail] Do not click on links or attachment from unknown senders.]

Re: [Request for Assistance] To uninstall python installed in other user profile (Win 10) [ In reply to ]
On 4/9/2023 10:14 PM, Yogesh Tirthkar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I can uninstall python installed (as user) in someone else' account - without login as that user, but login as local admin ?

It depends on whether you can use that user's password. With the
password, it's very feasible. Without it, some people seem to have
found ways. There some discussion of this here -

https://serverfault.com/questions/773038/run-as-a-different-user-without-a-password-from-an-elevated-prompt-in-windows

Re: [Request for Assistance] To uninstall python installed in other user profile (Win 10) [ In reply to ]
If Python was installed by user A in their own profile folder, it is likely
that it was installed just for that user. In this case, you may need to log
in as user A to uninstall Python from their profile. Have you tried logging
in as user A and uninstalling Python from there?

Regards,
*Sravan Chitikesi*
AWS Solutions Architect - Associate

RE: [Request for Assistance] To uninstall python installed in other user profile (Win 10) [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

May I know how to uninstall it from user A profile – if user A is no longer available.

Is there any means - where I can use local admin account to uninstall the app (installed in User A profile, without user A’s intervention)

Regards,
Yogesh.

Re: [Request for Assistance] To uninstall python installed in other user profile (Win 10) [ In reply to ]
On 4/10/2023 2:19 AM, Yogesh Tirthkar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> May I know how to uninstall it from user A profile – if user A is no longer available.
>
> Is there any means - where I can use local admin account to uninstall the app (installed in User A profile, without user A’s intervention)

If user A is no longer available, then an administrator can change the
password for User A and then, logged into the A account, perform the
un-install.