This happens when one Steps Over the command or when one
Steps and the Steps Out.

Colin W.
IDLE Problem [ In reply to ]
"Colin J. Williams" <cjw@connection.com> writes:

> a= 99
> print 'UGH'
> a= 101
>
> When one steps through this code, the print statement hangs
> the Windows.
>
> This happens when one Steps Over the command or when one
> Steps and the Steps Out.

Colin, can you give more information over what exactly you have tried?
I presume this is not the complete code you are debugging (if only
because when you enter this in the Python Shell window, it would be
three separate unrelated statements).

One thing you may not realize is that the print statement gets
redirected by code inside IDLE that displays the text in the Python
Shell window. Stepping through this code in the debugger takes some
time, even if you use 'Out'. Perhaps you need to have a little more
patience?