GUI like tkinter, but that would be one page at a time. Also, the XML
stuff only seems to talk about creating and parsing XML documents --
what about stuff that actually renders them? Where would I look?
--
Victor S. Miller | " ... Meanwhile, those of us who can compute can hardly
victor@idaccr.org | be expected to keep writing papers saying 'I can do the
CCR, Princeton, NJ | following useless calculation in 2 seconds', and indeed
08540 USA | what editor would publish them?" -- Oliver Atkin
Python classes for postscript [ In reply to ]
Victor S. Miller writes:
> Are there packages available for formatted output (with nice fonts,
> etc.)? Presumably one could create individual pages use some sort of
> GUI like tkinter, but that would be one page at a time. Also, the XML

Victor,
You may want to look at the material in the "printing" package in
Grail; it won't be a ready-to-use application, but it may be fairly
useful depending on your application. If you're basically presenting
text, it shouldn't be too difficult to use. It essentially provides a
"writer" object that produces PostScript output; see the formatter
module documentation for information on the "writer" interface:

http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-formatter.html

Grail 0.6 is available at:

http://grail.cnri.reston.va.us/grail/

-Fred