Mailing List Archive

What is it ? How can I learn it ? Where should I start ? Wha
Ivan remembers...

> ... and most of the real
> cannibals have been muzzled (Gordon excepted, so don't put any parts
> of you through his cage bars that you want to keep). ...

and then forgets that I'm not poikilothermophagic...

> PS: And just *where* is this job that (I should be so lucky)
> *REQUIRES* you to know Python???????? Why aren't they calling
> ME????

Now, Ivan, do you really have to ask?

revenge-is-a-dish-best-eaten-raw-ly y'rs

- Gordon
What is it ? How can I learn it ? Where should I start ? Wha [ In reply to ]
Pythonistas--

Gordon ``The Klingon'' McMillan wrote:

> Ivan remembers...
>
> > ... and most of the real
> > cannibals have been muzzled (Gordon excepted, so don't put any parts
> > of you through his cage bars that you want to keep). ...
>
> and then forgets that I'm not poikilothermophagic...

Well, Gordon, if you don't eat poikilotherms, then this sounds to me
like you're saying that you wouldn't take a bite out of Alexander the
Newbie because he's a cold fish. Sounds like an insult to me!
Alexander! Be insulted!

> > PS: And just *where* is this job that (I should be so lucky)
> > *REQUIRES* you to know Python???????? Why aren't they calling
> > ME????
>
> Now, Ivan, do you really have to ask?
>
> revenge-is-a-dish-best-eaten-raw-ly y'rs

<probably-is-if-you-could-get-your-hands-on-it>-ly y'rs,
Ivan<g>
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan@callware.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps: Cu Chi, Class of '70
What is it ? How can I learn it ? Where should I start ? Wha [ In reply to ]
Gordon McMillan wrote:

> Ivan remembers...
>
> > ... and most of the real
> > cannibals have been muzzled (Gordon excepted, so don't put any parts
> > of you through his cage bars that you want to keep). ...
>
> and then forgets that I'm not poikilothermophagic...

Another problem of Python is that it can be affected by evil alien white
space eating nanoviruses. Anyway, the Python newsgroup has the right
balance between civilized mature debate and complete whimsical fun. I
supply the complete whimsicalness, others supply the maturity and fun.
:)

Regards,

Martijn