Mailing List Archive

MySQLdb python module dumps core!
I've run the MySQLdb module successfully on two different Suns running
Solaris 2.6. Just put it on a new machine running 2.7 and it dumps core
on errors! On the working host:

File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/MySQLdb.py", line 245, in
__init__
self.db = apply(connect, (), kwargs)
_mysql.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user:
'erlogs@localhost' (Using password: YES)")

Which is what *should* happen. If I log in correctly, all works fine, but
I really need to be able to catch these exceptions rather than dumping
core with a bus error :)

Python 1.52 and mysql-3.22.25-sun-solaris2.6-sparc binary install. Any
ideas, please share! Thanks.

WARNING: message cross-posted to two mailing lists. Reply with care.

Nathan Clegg
nathan@islanddata.com