Mailing List Archive

passwd/MD5 help?
Can you help?
I have a 3rd party program that takes a program, encrypts it and
stores it in an Oracle database. I'd like to know what mechanism the
program uses to encrypt the password. This isn't to crack the passwords
but to mirror the mechanism it uses so that I can write a similar
program to insert parwords into the database. I prehaps thought it was
using MD5 then uuencoding the result. This is not the case as the
password in stored as 20 ascii chars.

If you have any pointers to a solution I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kieran breen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/