start
run
sysedit
and here is my path:
path %path%;C:\Perl\bin;path=C:\PROGRA~1\Python\;%path%
Any help on this would be appreciated,
G.Norton (chinaski_py)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
NEWBIE:Let's try that again..Help w/path [ In reply to ]
Not knowing your experience, are you familiar with the DOS autoexec.bat
if so this should work for you. If not you should be able to find
autoexec.bat in the c:\ directory, it is an ascii or ansi text file
depending if it has been edited before or not.

This is what was put in my autoexec.bat file when installing python and
python works on my PC.

set PYROOT=c:\py15
PATH %PYROOT%;%PATH%
set
PYTHONPATH=.;%PYROOT%;%PYROOT%\lib;%PYROOT%\lib\plat-win;%PYROOT%\lib\lib-tk;%PYROOT%\PIL;%PYROOT%ext\pyds;%PYROOT%ext\lib;
set TCL_LIBRARY=%PYROOT%\tcl8.0\library
set TK_LIBRARY=%PYROOT%\tk8.0\library

You will need to change PYROOT to
set PYROOT=c:\progra~1\python
if that is where you installed python

and if you installed tcl8.0 and tk8.0 to a different directory than the
default also, you will need to change the path for those. I think this
should work for your case. My installation is Python build 125

Thomas

chinaski_py@my-deja.com wrote:

> I'm new and need help with my Python path.When I go to open a Python
> file (.py) it won't open .I go to (on Win98):
> start
> run
> sysedit
> and here is my path:
> path %path%;C:\Perl\bin;path=C:\PROGRA~1\Python\;%path%
> Any help on this would be appreciated,
> G.Norton (chinaski_py)

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II University Library
bennettt@am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice: 828 262 6587 FAX: 828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
- Chris Dunphy Boot Magazine
NEWBIE:Let's try that again..Help w/path [ In reply to ]
If your eamil reader is like mine then 'set' is on a line by itself
where it should be on the same line with PYTHONPATH=.;%PYROOT%\lib;...
The length of the PTYTHONPATH= statement is too long for some email/news
readers to put it all on one line with set.

Thomas

NEWBIE:Let's try that again..Help w/path [ In reply to ]
In article <7pm0o4$e0h$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
chinaski_py@my-deja.com wrote:
> I'm new and need help with my Python path.When I go to open a Python
> file (.py) it won't open .I go to (on Win98):
> start
> run
> sysedit
> and here is my path:
> path %path%;C:\Perl\bin;path=C:\PROGRA~1\Python\;%path%
> Any help on this would be appreciated,
> G.Norton (chinaski_py)

Thomas,
tried your path but can't open "IDLE".The icon is there in the
file, but I click and nothing happens.This is what I get:
PROGRAM NOT FOUND
This program is needed for opening files of type
'Python File' (no console)
shouldn't it be in the path? Glenn (chinaski)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
NEWBIE:Let's try that again..Help w/path [ In reply to ]
In article <7pshkp$q47$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
chinaski_py@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <7pm0o4$e0h$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> chinaski_py@my-deja.com wrote:
> > I'm new and need help with my Python path.When I go to open a Python
> > file (.py) it won't open .I go to (on Win98):
> > start
> > run
> > sysedit
> > and here is my path:
> > path %path%;C:\Perl\bin;path=C:\PROGRA~1\Python\;%path%
> > Any help on this would be appreciated,
> > G.Norton (chinaski_py)

> Thomas,
> tried your path but can't open "IDLE".The icon is there in the
> file, but I click and nothing happens.This is what I get:
> PROGRAM NOT FOUND
> This program is needed for opening files of type
> 'Python File' (no console)
> shouldn't it be in the path? Glenn (chinaski)

PROBLEMS SOLVED!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/24/99

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/