--
Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
Re: CVS woes... [ In reply to ]
Skip wrote:
> Does anyone else besides me have trouble getting their Python tree to sync
> with the CVS repository? I've tried all manner of flags to "cvs update",
> most recently "cvs update -d -A ." with no success. There are still some
> files I know Fred Drake has patched that show up as different and it refuses
> to pick up Lib/robotparser.py.

note that robotparser doesn't show up on cvs.python.org
either. maybe cnri's cvs admins should look into this...

</F>
Re: CVS woes... [ In reply to ]
Skip Montanaro writes:
> most recently "cvs update -d -A ." with no success. There are still some
> files I know Fred Drake has patched that show up as different and it refuses

You should be aware that many of the more recent documentation
patches have been in the 1.5.2p2 branch (release-1.5.2p1-patches, I
think), rather than the development head. I'm hoping to begin the
merge in the next week.
I also have a few patches that I haven't had time to look at yet,
and I'm not inclined to make any changes until I've merged the 1.5.2p2
docs with the 1.6 tree, mostly to keep the merge from being any more
painful than I already expect it to be.

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at acm.org>
Re: CVS woes... [ In reply to ]

FL> note that robotparser doesn't show up on cvs.python.org
FL> either. maybe cnri's cvs admins should look into this...

I've just resync'd python/dist and am doing a fresh checkout now.
Looks like Lib/robotparser.py is there now.

-Barry
Re: CVS woes... [ In reply to ]
> Does anyone else besides me have trouble getting their Python tree to sync
> with the CVS repository? I've tried all manner of flags to "cvs update",
> most recently "cvs update -d -A ." with no success. There are still some
> files I know Fred Drake has patched that show up as different and it refuses
> to pick up Lib/robotparser.py.

My bad. When I move or copy a file around in the CVS repository
directly instead of using cvs commit, I have to manually call a script
that updates the mirror. I've done that now, and robotparser.py
should now be in the mirror.