Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.6 'feature list'
Not all that exciting, but good to know what they're doing:

http://www.perl.com/cgi-bin/pace/pub/1999/06/perl5-6.html
RE: Perl 5.6 'feature list' [ In reply to ]
[David Ascher]
> Not all that exciting, but good to know what they're doing:
>
> http://www.perl.com/cgi-bin/pace/pub/1999/06/perl5-6.html

It is good to know, and I didn't, so thanks for passing that on! I see
they're finally stealing Python's version numbering scheme <wink>.

In other news, I just noticed that REBOL threw 1st-class continuations *out*
of the language, leaving just the "escape up the current call chain"
exception-handling (throw/catch) kind. This isn't an open project, so it's
hard to second-guess why. Or easy, depending on how you look at it <wink>.

i-suggest-looking-at-it-the-right-way-ly y'rs - tim
Re: Perl 5.6 'feature list' [ In reply to ]
David Ascher <da@ski.org> wrote:
> Not all that exciting, but good to know what they're doing:
>
> http://www.perl.com/cgi-bin/pace/pub/1999/06/perl5-6.html

well, "unicode all the way down" and "language
level event loop" sounds pretty exciting to me...

(but christian's work beats it all, of course...)

</F>