Mailing List Archive

Roxen (was Re: [Python-Dev] 'stackless' python?)
Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> FL> a lean and mean secure web server written in Pike
> FL> (http://pike.idonex.se/), from a company here in
> FL> Linköping.
>
> Interesting off-topic Pike connection. My co-maintainer for CC-Mode
> original came on board to add Pike support, which has a syntax similar
> enough to C to be easily integrated. I think I've had as much success
> convincing him to use Python as he's had convincing me to use Pike :-)

<HistoricalNote>

Heh. Pike is an outgrowth of the MUD world's LPC programming language. A
guy named "Profezzorn" started a project (in '94?) to redevelop an LPC
compiler/interpreter ("driver") from scratch to avoid some licensing
constraints. The project grew into a generalized network handler, since
MUDs' typical designs are excellent for these tasks. From there, you get
the Roxen web server.

</HistoricalNote>

Cheers,
-g