Mailing List Archive

ANN: matplotlib 1.2.0
After months of hard work by a veritable army of contributors, I'm
pleased to announce the release of matplotlib 1.2.0.

This is the first time we've released without the assistance of John
Hunter, who is sorely missed. I hope this is at least a small way to
say thanks for all of his great work.

Release tarballs and binaries are available on github. (They are no
longer being made available on SourceForge).

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/downloads

This is the first release to support Python 3.x (and as a result drops
support for Pythons earlier than 2.6). There is new support for
outputting PGF/TikZ files. New plot types include 3D trisurface plots,
and streamplots. Tripcolor, boxplot, colorbars and contour plots have
all grown new features. And under the hood, numerous improvements in
stability, flexibility and robustness. For a complete list, see the
"what's new" page:

http://matplotlib.org/users/whats_new.html

For an even more detailed list of 698 issues (!) resolved since the last
release, see the github statistics page:

http://matplotlib.org/users/github_stats.html

Enjoy! As always, there are number of good ways to get help with
matplotlib listed on the homepage at http://matplotlib.org/ and I thank
everyone for their continued support of this project.

Mike Droettboom