underdevelopment module as a static extention?

Mike
mhm@austin.ibm.com
Re: Building modules in static mode with MakeMaker [ In reply to ]
>What is the magic incantation to get MakeMaker to build my
>underdevelopment module as a static extention?

make perl

should do. If you have dynamic loading and want to test the static
one, then 'make test' will probably better be called as

make test FULLPERL=./perl

>Mike
>mhm@austin.ibm.com

andreas
Re: Building modules in static mode with MakeMaker [ In reply to ]
In <9508241428.AA24406@dax.austin.ibm.com>
On Thu, 24 Aug 95 09:28:24 -0500
<mhm@austin.ibm.com> writes:
>What is the magic incantation to get MakeMaker to build my
>underdevelopment module as a static extention?

If your machine normally builds dynamic extensions then
Makefile support building both by saying:

make LINKTYPE=static # prepare
make perl LINKTYPE=static # build a perl with your extn.

You can also (I believe) do this in Makefile.PL:

WriteMakefile(
'linkext' => { LINKTYPE => 'static'},
);

To force it that way - have not tried it yet.