To: soup@ampersand.com (Doug Campbell)
cc: gsar@ENGIN.UMICH.EDU, perlbug@perl.com
Subject: Re: Memory leak in 5.002beta1 with short example program
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 15:11:54 -0500
From: Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar>

On Fri, 29 Dec 1995 12:57:09 EST, Doug Campbell wrote:

>Well, being desperate (I've got some clients that *really* want this
>stuff to run), I tried -DSTRANGE_MALLOC, but the leak persisted.

Hmm.. Surprising, to say the least.

>I then applied your patch above to beta1g, and got 2 compilation problems:

You need to run 'make regen_headers' if you apply my patch. Darn, I always
forget to mention that stuff :-( Well, I have added a header to the patch
at my web location.

- Sarathy.
gsar@engin.umich.edu

------- End of Forwarded Message
Re: (forwarded): Re: Memory leak in 5.002beta1 with short example program [ In reply to ]
> Two messages I sent today with perlbug@perl.com in them have bounced.
> Tom's machine seems to be down and out.

yes, it is and i haven't managed to forward the aliases for the
various lists to the secondary that i'm using (through whom i'm
reading mail right now).

sorry bout that. hope to get it fixed soon on a longterm
basis.

--tom