Mailing List Archive

Kit availability on MS CDs
Chris, Ryan

Here is a message from the ntperl (Perl) news group. I probably wont be
checking the CD as I have already downloaded perl and built it from the
source distribution.

ccallen

The MS TecNet CDs declare that the perl release is located on the CD
accompanying the Resource Kit:

"The Windows NT Resource Kit CD includes tools that fall under the following
major categories. Many of the tools that were included in version 3.5 are
described in the “Introduction” section of the Windows NT Resource Guide. A few
of the new or significantly updated tools for version 3.51 are also described
here.
Batch Tools
· Perl 5 is a scripting language ported from UNIX® to Windows NT
Workstation and Windows NT Server. Perl 5 combines some of the features of C,
sed, awk, and shell. This version of Perl 5 also enables you to work with the
Registry and event logs, and can act as an OLE automation controller.
· Regina REXX is a full-batch scripting language with Registry access,
event log functions, and OLE automation support."

Has anyone ever found the perl NT distribution on a CD from MSoft? We subscribe
to Select, DevNet, TecNet etc. And we have VC++ etc all up to date but no perl.
Do you have to pull from the net (hip.com or mirrors)?

Reason I ask is to do with company procedures - need a CD based copy for some
systems! We do have the net copies for development.

regards
malcolm

| |
| Conan Callen |