Mailing List Archive

Have Configure detect when sh will echo junk.
[.I don't subscribe to the list, but I thought you might like a minor
enhancement suggestion.]

I was trying to get perl5 to work on a BSDI box that I'm supposed to fix
when other people break it. One of the really cute things that the person
irresponsible for the box did was have it echo things every time a shell
started. This caused the various pieces that spawn sub-shells to have
problems interpreting their output. This sort of thing might be worth
detecting and warning about if not eliminating.

Incidentally, thanks for all the wonderful work you guys do. I've had
this work properly so many times I was surprised that it ever broke.

-chris (chicks@widomaker.com)

LinuX: The choice of the GNU generation!