Mailing List Archive

perl, win32, and everything
Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com>, rational as ever, wrote:
> I am in favour too - the list is for porting.
> With Microsoft's penetration of the market it is inevitable that perl-win32
> will exert influence on perl - I am with Tim that we should try and avoid
> incompatibilities at the earliest possible stage.

I agree with the point you're making here. Part of the problem, IMHO,
stems from the fact that it's perl-win32 and not perl-win32-porters.
Someone else pointed out yesterday that perl-win32 is for any perl
questions related to perl on win32.

Maybe we should just create ntperl-advocacy, alias it to /dev/null,
and move on?

yet again, caffeinatedly,
neilb