Mailing List Archive

Re: [MM] patches e and f
> From: mhm@austin.ibm.com
>
> Well, I successfully built 5.002beta1f and tested clean no tweeking
> needed.
>
> However, I still have the problem that things don't build away from the
> source tree. I get the following:
>
> $ r perl
> perl Makefile.PL
>
> MakeMaker (v5.11)
> Blessing Object into class [PACK001]
> NAME => 'DBI'
> VERSION => '0.65'
> Using PERL=/bin/perl
> Warning (non-fatal): Importing of %att is deprecated [PM]
> use $self instead

The support for using %att seems broken.

Any comments Andreas?

> Running: /bin/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/xsubpp -v 2>&1
> Writing Makefile for DBI
> $ make
> umask 0 && cp DBIXS.h ./blib/aix/DBI/DBIXS.h
> /bin/sh: ./blib/aix/auto/DBI/.packlist: cannot create
> make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Out of interest could you edit out the '@'s from the Makefile
so we can see the actual command that has the problem.

Thanks.

Tim.
Re: [MM] patches e and f [ In reply to ]
Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk> writes:

|> The support for using %att seems broken.
|>
|> Any comments Andreas?

Yes, Andreas actually fixed it today (Dec 11).

|> > Running: /bin/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/xsubpp -v 2>&1
|> > Writing Makefile for DBI
|> > $ make
|> > umask 0 && cp DBIXS.h ./blib/aix/DBI/DBIXS.h
|> > /bin/sh: ./blib/aix/auto/DBI/.packlist: cannot create
|> > make: The error code from the last command is 1.
|>
|> Out of interest could you edit out the '@'s from the Makefile
|> so we can see the actual command that has the problem.

The problem was that MM-5.12 was not the architecture dependant
chain of directories. For example, in the case of my DB2 extention
MM would build ./blib ./blib/DBD but not anything starting with
./blib/aix.....

As I said earlier, Andreas fixed it in what should become MM-5.13.

Mike
mhm@austin.ibm.com