Mailing List Archive

Re: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT?
I think that VC 4 may be able to be customized abit to make it easier to
code Perl.

Anybody tried it?

-- Dick

At 02:55 PM 12/9/95 -0800, you wrote:

>A good editor for NT-PERL to ntperl_comments@hip.com
>
>Is a good editor available for NT-PERL?
>
>Do you know of any other good editors(for Perl/C/C++) for NT in general?
>
>Can the Visuall C++ editor be made to highlight PERL syntax?
>
>Regards.
>Alan
>achowdha@dnt.dialog.com

--~--~--~--~-- hi mom! -~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~
mailto:Dick_Hardt@hip.com fax: 604.654.9881
http://info.hip.com/info me: 604.685.0124
hip communications inc.
350 - 1122 Mainland Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 5L1
RE: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]
I always found Codewrite to be a good general purpose editor. You can also
the customize keyword coloring and syntax (template) expansion rules.

Tim

----------

Re: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]
GNU Emacs will do the job nicely. When Xemacs is ported to NT, you'll
love it even more.

Long live Emacs.

Rick
Re: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]
Actually, it already has been. And works very nicely with perl I might add...

--
Maintainter/Programmer for Virtually Un*x | http://www.itribe.net/virtunix
Bringing the power of UNIX TCP/IP to Windows95
Re: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]

Re: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]
I am using NTEmacs 19.17 and am generally happy with it. However, I have
the following problems:

1) the perl debugger doesn't work. It seems like the way it's
reading user input messes up the way Emacs controls the shell under in a
window. Words don't echo out and the shell generally suffers from such
indigestion that I have to kill it.

2) Hitting control-d to end STDIN input causes the entire shell to end.

I'm not at all familiar with Emacs (I'm using it in anticipation of vim
coming out for NT). Could people who are happily using Emacs with Perl
under NT share their configuration tips, etc?

Have these problems perhaps been addressed by a more recent release of NTEmacs?

Mark.

Re: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]

#include <std_sig.h>
RE: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]
<< I always found Codewrite to be a good general purpose editor. You can
also the customize keyword coloring and syntax (template) expansion rules. >>

What module are you useing for that? The one I got from CodeWrite's
repository is a "first cut" and doesn't work very well. I emailed the
credited author to see if a newer one was ever produced, but got no reply. A
particulary annoying thing is that an array-size usage of # is colored as a
comment. And it gets messed up if you use alternate forms of quoting
delimiters. And naturally it doesn't know anything about Perl 5 goodies.

--John
Re: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]
Mark A. Denner wrote:

> I am using NTEmacs 19.17 and am generally happy with it. However, I have
> the following problems:

[etc...]

This is not a forum for discussing emacs specifics. A majordomo
mailing list devoted to FSF GNU Emacs is available via
ntemacs-users@cs.washington.edu. You can subscribe to it in the
traditional fashion.
Re: Is there a good (Perl/C/C++) editor for NT? [ In reply to ]
> From: Wei-Yuen Tan <wyt@gate.hip.com>
>
> Mark A. Denner wrote:
> >
> > I am using NTEmacs 19.17 and am generally happy with it. However, I have
> > the following problems:
>
> [etc...]
>
> This is not a forum for discussing emacs specifics.

Thanks. It's in everyone's interest to keep the list on-topic.

I forsee a need for a perl-win32-users list one day. Maybe soon.

Tim.