following program will cause perl to dump core:

------
#!/utiloss/bin/perl

$t = {"lala" => 5};

print %$t;

------

Strangely enough, if I insert a "print $t" before "print "%$t" everything
works as expected.
Re: reference to hash bug? [ In reply to ]
>(I also just tested this on perl 5.002 and it also dumped core.)
>
>I am running perl version 5.001 on solaris 2.4 and have found the
>following program will cause perl to dump core:
>
>------
>#!/utiloss/bin/perl
>
>$t = {"lala" => 5};
>
>print %$t;
>
>------
>
>Strangely enough, if I insert a "print $t" before "print "%$t" everything
>works as expected.

For what difference it makes, it works fine on Solaris 2.3; perl 5.001m,
with and without the `print $t'.

Mx.

Martyn J. Pearce Tel: (01494) 429529 ext. 329
Computervision Research & Development Group Facsimile: (01494) 440303

Re: reference to hash bug? [ In reply to ]
> >(I also just tested this on perl 5.002 and it also dumped core.)
> >
> >I am running perl version 5.001 on solaris 2.4 and have found the
> >following program will cause perl to dump core:

> For what difference it makes, it works fine on Solaris 2.3; perl 5.001m,
> with and without the `print $t'.
>
> Mx.

looks like a bug in sol 2.4. I grabbed a libc from another local machine
and it stopped dumping core. oh well. we'll probably go to 2.5 soon anyways.

joel