Mailing List Archive

Build 100 problem using 'system' with 16-bit programs
I just downloaded the new build, and found that running 16-bit
executables from a script doesn't work as I'd expect it to. A simple
command like this:

perl -e "system('foo.exe')"

doesn't work if foo.exe is a 16-bit DOS program. It reports "Bad
command or file name". I tried variants, such as this:

perl -e "system('cmd /c foo.exe')"

but it also fails, saying "The name specified is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

If I substitute a Win32 program for the DOS one, everything works fine,
but I have 16-bit programs that I need to run. This worked in the previous
build. Ideas, anyone?

/Marc