Mailing List Archive

Appropiate Questions
Gordon

I don't mean to pick on you, but I think that this is really a question for
WebSite tech support.

This list is for Issues that have to do with Perl under Windows NT (and
Windows 95).

If it is a general perl question, then comp.lang.perl.* would be a better place.

If it is to do with configuring/running Perl on a Web Server, then
webserver-nt@DELTA.PROCESS.COM is a good list, or contact the tech support
for the product directly.

I have had several complaints from people about the amount of traffic on
this list, and I would like to keep it focused so that the people that can
help with Perl and Windows Questions stay on the list.

thanks!

-- Dick

At 01:16 PM 11/29/95 -0800, Gordon 'Sandy' Sandridge wrote:
>Due to several suggestions I received from the *helpful* members on this
>list I now have ntperl running and am able to execute scripts from
>Website. I have rearranged my directory structure so that perl.exe is in
>it's own directory (D:\perl\bin\perl.exe) and I just call scripts -
>testcgi.pl from Website. I've put all my perl scripts in website\cgi-shl
>and call them either with <A HREF=/cgi-shl/testcgi.pl>testcgi.pl</A> or
>from a FORM with <FORM ACTION="/cgi-shl/query.pl" METHOD="POST">.
>
>Also (and I think this was my main problem) I 'associated' .pl files with
>d:\perl\bin\perl.exe. So that now I just call the scripts.
>
>However...I am trying to set up a test environment so that I can call my
>scripts with /cgi-bin/query.pl (instead of cgi-shl). I have aliased
>/cgi-bin/ to cgi-shl\ but when I try to run the script using the
>/cgi-bin/ designation I get the following message:
>
>Empty output from CGI program D:/WEBSITE/cgi-shl/testcgi.pl
>
>That's the right location for my script but why don't I get any output?
>
>Again thanks to all for their previous help.
>
>Gordon "Sandy" Sandridge /\__/\ Silicon Ridge Software, Inc.
>gsand@halcyon.com | / | Custom Foxpro Programming
> < \ / > Bainbridge Island, WA
> */ / 206-780-9908
> / http://www.halcyon.com/gsand/

mailto:Dick_Hardt@hip.com fax: 604.654.9881
http://info.hip.com/info me: 604.685.0124
hip communications inc.
350 - 1122 Mainland Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 5L1