Mailing List Archive

Thanks for CGI help
Due to several suggestions I received from the *helpful* members on this
list I now have ntperl running and am able to execute scripts from
Website. I have rearranged my directory structure so that perl.exe is in
it's own directory (D:\perl\bin\perl.exe) and I just call scripts -
testcgi.pl from Website. I've put all my perl scripts in website\cgi-shl
and call them either with <A HREF=/cgi-shl/testcgi.pl>testcgi.pl</A> or
from a FORM with <FORM ACTION="/cgi-shl/query.pl" METHOD="POST">.

Also (and I think this was my main problem) I 'associated' .pl files with
d:\perl\bin\perl.exe. So that now I just call the scripts.

However...I am trying to set up a test environment so that I can call my
scripts with /cgi-bin/query.pl (instead of cgi-shl). I have aliased
/cgi-bin/ to cgi-shl\ but when I try to run the script using the
/cgi-bin/ designation I get the following message:

Empty output from CGI program D:/WEBSITE/cgi-shl/testcgi.pl

That's the right location for my script but why don't I get any output?

Again thanks to all for their previous help.

Gordon "Sandy" Sandridge /\__/\ Silicon Ridge Software, Inc.
gsand@halcyon.com | / | Custom Foxpro Programming
< \ / > Bainbridge Island, WA
*/ / 206-780-9908
/ http://www.halcyon.com/gsand/