Mailing List Archive

use diagnostics
blows up under OS/2:

F:\perl\myext\C\Scan>perl -e "use diagnostics; print 5/0"
Scalar found where operator expected at (eval 1) line 1, near "$0 $"
(Missing operator before $?)
Illegal division by zero at -e line 1 (#1)
(F) You tried to divide a number by 0. Either something was wrong in your
logic, or you need to put a conditional in to guard against meaningless input.

Undefined subroutine &main:: called at f:/perl52/lib/diagnostics.pm line 416.

I cannot check it on other systems now. Is is OS-specific?

The error is deep in evals, and since my patches to Carp.pm were not
included, cannot find it quick.

Btw, if my patches to pp_caller are going to be included, give me
know, I have something better in mind now.

Ilya