I know there's a lot to do for this release....it would be great to include
SelfLoader and Devel::SelfStubber in 5.002[b2?]. Thanks.

M. Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>
Re: SelfLoader into 5.002b2/lib? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, M. Hedlund wrote:

> I know there's a lot to do for this release....it would be great to include
> SelfLoader and Devel::SelfStubber in 5.002[b2?]. Thanks.

Opinions anyone? I don't have one at the moment (an opinion, that is).

Patches anyone?

Andy Dougherty doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu
Re: SelfLoader into 5.002b2/lib? [ In reply to ]

I think Tim Bunce is on vacation right now, but earlier this month he wrote:

> I've just remembered about the SelfLoader.
>
> I think it ought to be included in the standard distribution since it's
> much more practical for stand-alone .pm module developers to use than
> the AutoSplit'er.
>
> Jack, any chance you could make the minor changes needed to support
> prototypes and repost the SelfLoader and Devel::SelfStubber modules?
>
> Tim.

Jack posted a SelfStubber diff and a new SelfLoader supporting prototypes
on 11/13.

Some of the CGI::* modules are waiting for SelfLoader to go into the main
perl distribution before supporting it. Since CGI scripts get compiled as
often as thousands of times a day, SelfLoader is a huge improvement for CGI
modules.

[Andy again:]
>Patches anyone?

I've put a tarfile at
<URL:ftp://ftp.best.com/pub/hedlund/selfloader.tar.gz> which contains:
perl5.002beta1/lib/Devel/SelfStubber.pm
perl5.002beta1/lib/SelfLoader.pm

These version are 1.01 and 1.06, respectively, which are from Jack's
prototypes patches, except that I turned off debugging in SelfLoader (which
was on in the posted version).

Thanks, Andy.

M. Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>