Mailing List Archive

sendmail, majordomo, and blat
Since there's sort of a mail thread, I wanted to know if anyone
has ported the majordomo software to NT? As far as I can see,
I'll need to recompile the wrapper and rewrite the sendmail portions
to use blat. Any advice?

Sonny Parafina <sonny@i-link.net>
TerraMetrics
Re: sendmail, majordomo, and blat [ In reply to ]
[ sonny parafina writes: ]

> Since there's sort of a mail thread, I wanted to know if anyone
> has ported the majordomo software to NT? As far as I can see,
> I'll need to recompile the wrapper and rewrite the sendmail portions
> to use blat. Any advice?

It'll probably take more than that. Majordomo is just a list manager; it
doesn't handle actual distribution of mail to mailing lists. It leaves
that up to the MTA (Mail Transfer Agent, e.g. sendmail). I don't think
blat is really more than a MUA (Mail User Agent). Majordomo also depends
heavily on sendmail's alias features and address lists.

--
Dave Wolfe *Not a spokesman for Motorola* (512) 891-3246
Motorola MMTG 6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112 Austin TX 78735-8598