Mailing List Archive

prelref.pod: nasty typo in description of ->
In perlref.pod it says:

3. The case of individual array elements arises often
enough that it gets cumbersome to use method 2. As a
form of syntactic sugar, the two lines like that above
can be written:

$arrayref->[0] = "January";
$hashref->{"KEY"} = "VALUE";

The left side of the array can be any expression
returning a reference, including a previous dereference.

I believe that "left side of the array" should read "left side of the arrow".

While this seems relatively trivial, this is _the_ place that the
rather important -> operator is defined, and its amazing how many
times I had to re-read that paragraph before I realised the simple
thing that it was trying to say!

Ta!

Martin.