Mailing List Archive

perlxs updates for patch.1n
Apply this over patch.1n. Perlxs hints at some relaxed parameter list
restrictions in a future xsubpp--the hint can now be removed. I've also
added a small blurb for the REQUIRE: keyword which is in xsubpp 1.922.

I now have enough information to fill in the "Using XS with C++" section,
but I'm waiting for reactions to the xsubpp patch that I posted to the MM
list.

I do not have enough information to document PREINIT, INIT, ALIAS, CASE.

Dean

*** pod/perlxs.pod Tue Oct 31 10:47:23 1995
--- ../perlxs.pod Sun Nov 19 18:29:49 1995
***************
*** 151,166 ****
the section on typemaps for more about handling qualifiers and unary
operators in C types.

- The parameter list of a function must not have whitespace after the
- open-parenthesis or before the close-parenthesis. (This restriction will be
- relaxed in later versions of B<xsubpp>.)
-
- INCORRECT CORRECT
-
- double double
- sin( x ) sin(x)
- double x double x
-
The function name and the return type must be placed on
separate lines.

--- 151,156 ----
***************
*** 551,556 ****
--- 541,555 ----
/* list is implicitly returned. */
}
}
+
+ =head2 The REQUIRE: Keyword
+
+ The REQUIRE: keyword is used to indicate the minimum version of the
+ B<xsubpp> compiler needed to compile the XS module. An XS module which
+ contains the following statement will only compile with B<xsubpp> version
+ 1.922 or greater:
+
+ REQUIRE: 1.922

=head2 The CLEANUP: Keyword
Re: perlxs updates for patch.1n [ In reply to ]
Dean Roehrich writes:

> I do not have enough information to document PREINIT, INIT, ALIAS, CASE.

I'm planning to use PREINIT RSN. It should contain _declarations_ to
put before data is converted-poped from the stack. PREINIT-CLEANUP
should forms a symmetric pair: you may get info about what was before
function call and restore it in the end.

Ilya