patching the config.in in the source tree). Did I miss something?

Regards,
Achim.

RE: Builtin Compress-Raw-ZLib [ In reply to ]
Yes - there is. The latest version of the README file on github
(https://github.com/pmqs/Compress-Raw-Zlib/blob/master/README ) shows how to
achieve it using environment variables. That update hasn't made it to CPAN
yet.

To summarise. set the following environment variables before building th
emodule, remembering to replace /usr/local/include & /usr/local/lib with the
locations of the zlib.h and the zlib library respectively.

BUILD_ZLIB=False
ZLIB_INCLUDE=/usr/local/include
ZLIB_LIB=/usr/local/lib
OLD_ZLIB=False